IV-MP and Discord Rich presence

General IV-MP discussion.
MK_Lucifer

IV-MP and Discord Rich presence

Post by MK_Lucifer » June 4th, 2018, 4:14 am

About Discord rich presence:
Rich Presence allows you to leverage the totally overhauled "Now Playing" section in a Discord user's profile to help people play your game together. Rich game data—including duration, score, current boss or map, and so much more—lives inside Discord. You can spectate a friend's game directly from their profile popout, or party up via beautiful chat embeds with real-time information about open party slots and the party's in-game status.
Why we need one?
I don't think it should be on the "priority list" atm, but yeah, having discord rich presence integrated to IVMP T4 will somewhat promote this client all over discord since it will be displayed as "now playing" on every player's profile as well as some detailed information to show off about the client. Theres another client that uses discord rich presence so why not IVMP

How to implement this?
TBH, my knowledge about programming is as good as nil, so click here to know how to implement it and click here to know more about it.

JackDockz

Re: IV-MP and Discord Rich presence

Post by JackDockz » June 8th, 2018, 6:15 am

Yes it would be way better for the client if it can be implemented in the future.

A lot of people could be told of IV:MP through it and it would be great to check stats. Plus discord rich presence would make IV:MP look even better to many people.

JackDockz

Post by JackDockz » July 24th, 2018, 5:03 am

https://github.com/Pizzabelly/EasyRP

If you can integrate it ingame, it would be much easier. Just a lil programs that runs alongside the client.

Plus, I can whitelist you to the app i created https://discordapp.com/developers/appli ... nformation .

Integration wont be hard with EasyRP and using the graphics I set up for the client will make it not very difficult?

Karm

Post by Karm » October 14th, 2018, 3:42 pm

I think that it is a great idea! In this way we can follow all news related to this mod. It can help to grow up our community. I am a professional programmer, I can help in the Discord implementation.

beshoopaula

Post by beshoopaula » October 17th, 2018, 12:58 pm

also in game overlay needed now if possiple , i got another java (jar) file for game rich presence it worked with timer also but not for overlay
, if possiple overlay please help us and thanks anyway :)

SamyrCastello

Post by SamyrCastello » October 18th, 2018, 8:31 pm

that good idea :)

borkdoggo69

Post by borkdoggo69 » May 12th, 2019, 3:11 am

If we used GitHub I feel like it would be much easier for someone to make a PR for this feature. It could be directly implemented into the client.

Macdreezay

Post by Macdreezay » May 28th, 2019, 2:28 pm

Do we have discord server i could join possibly looking to see if anybodys active?

Zahmir

Post by Zahmir » July 17th, 2019, 5:45 pm

https://discord.gg/QRDbyY discord for roleplayers

WuskieFTW
Site Admin

Post by WuskieFTW » February 17th, 2022, 4:19 am

Macdreezay wrote: May 28th, 2019, 2:28 pm Do we have discord server i could join possibly looking to see if anybodys active?
Yes, of course!
https://discord.gg/wsqf9wH